Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Legging -
PROS / Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Legging is stylish designed for daily wear outside the studio or gym. It features four-way stretch, and it is antimicrobial. The wide waistband provides exceptional coverage.
CONS / The Moto Legging does not have good breathability and excess seams make it uncomfortable to wear for long period of time. In addition, it does not lift and flatter the butt.
BOTTOM LINE / Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Legging passes the "leggings-as-pants" test. Due to poor breathability and uncomfortable seams, I don't recommend it for any exercise including yoga.
Overall 7.4 / 10
Price: $ 118
About Alo Yoga -
Bottom: Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Legging, Black Performance Leather/Black Glossy, XS (true to size)
Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Legging (Black Performance Leather / Black Glossy) UNFOLD -
1. Size – I wear XS. It is true to size.
2. Style – High waist legging.
3. Inseam – 28.25" long. It scrunches around my ankles (I am 5'2"). I wish it comes with petite size so that it wouldn't bunch up.
4. Front Rise – 11.5" high rise. This is the highest rise I've tried. It sits above my navel. Most high rise leggings are about 10-10.5".
5. Waistband – 4.75” wide waistband. It gives extra support and coverage, which I like a lot. For those who are not used to the high rise and wide waistband legging, you may feel discomfort or restriction on the belly.
(1) Black Performance Leather Panel: The faux leather which is the main fabric of the legging.
(2) Black Glossy Pleated Panel: The pleated moto inspired panel.
(3) Black Glossy Panel: Same fabric as the Pleated Panel.
(4) Black Mesh Panel: Additional mesh detail.
8. Cost – Retail price $118. I got a 35% instructor discount from Alo Yoga.
9. Stitch Seam – Flat locking seams. Because there are multiple panels being sewn together, the extra seams can be uncomfortable for those with sensitive skins.
10. Crotch Seam – Unlike most of Alo Yoga leggings which have triangle gussets, a rectangular piece of fabric is sewn inside the Moto Legging in the crotch area. This design is very similar to L'urv, a panel running from one inner leg to the other through the crotch area. One thing different between the two is that L'urv legging has two panels (one for each leg) sewn together in the middle (crotch area), while the Alo Yoga Moto Legging only has one panel.
Although Alo Yoga is a Los Angeles based company, most of its products are made outside the states. The Moto Legging I got was made in Vietnam. It doesn't matter to me where the legging is manufactured, as long as the company can delivery high quality products.
Even though the legging is four-way stretch and anti microbial, I am disappointed by the poor breathability. I wore it to the office the other day (~ 70 degree Fahrenheit). As sitting in front of the computer doing nothing besides typing, my legs got sweaty. The legging did not ventilate well and I could feel the moisture trapped inside. I can't imagine wearing this legging to workout.
Comfort & Fit - 6 / 10
I like how the Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Legging makes my legs look slimmer with astonishing coverage. Unfortunately, like other Alo Yoga leggings, it does not flatter and complement the rear. The moto-inspired detail is on-trend, but excessive seams can be irritative.
Design & Style - 9 / 10
Alo Yoga is one of celebrities' favorite athleisure brands designing stylish activewear, and the Moto Legging is no exception.
Where to Buy -
CHILL BY WILL
Electric & Rose
EMILY HSU DESIGNS
Hard Tail Forever
Track & Bliss