Author's Rating - 7.5 / 10
Top: Beyond Yoga x Kate Spade Peek-A-Boo Bra, Black-Cream Stripe, Small (run small)
Bottom: Beyond Yoga x Kate Spade Cinched Bow Capri, Black, XS (true to size)
Since 2015 when Kate Spade announced its business to athlesiure, the company has partnered with Beyond Yoga in designing the limited activewear collection. The first 21-piece, limited edition for the Spring 2016 collection was launched in January, 2016. Beyond Yoga x Kate Spade New York features Kate Spade's signature bright colors with the bow detail design and Beyond Yoga's silhouettes. Prices range from $80 to $178 (not cheap).
Beyond Yoga x Kate Spade New York activewear often incorporates stripe or polka dot patterns in addition to the bow detail, all of which are my favorites. Because of the name brand Kate Spade New York and Beyond Yoga, everything comes with high price tags. Luckily, I was able to find few items I like on sale. Regardless how cute its clothes are, they are not worth of the money in my opinion.
Today, I want to review the Cinched Bow Capri, which is my most recent purchase from the brand.
1. Size – I wear XS and it fits perfect on me. I ordered two sizes, XS and S, to try on. I find Beyond Yoga sizing is not very consistent. For the other pair of Beyond Yoga x Kate Spade High Waist Bow Capri, I wear size small. But, I need an XS for Cinched Bow Capri. Pictures below are the comparisons between XS and S on me. Size small is obviously too big and the crotch area fits funny.
7. Design for – Heated, non-heated yoga and any other workouts. It is a very versatile capri. You can even pair it with any one piece dress or long shirt to work.
8. Cost – Retail price $110. I got it on sale for $69.3 from REVOLVE.
9. Stitch Seam – Comfortable flat locking seams.
10. Crotch Seam – Lined triangle gusset.
By the way, the capri was made in the U.S.A. All of Beyond Yoga x Kate Spade New York products are made in the United States, so are Beyond Yoga Clothes.
There is nothing special about the Cinched Bow Capri besides the back bow hem detail. The capri does deliver some performance properties such as four-way stretch and moisture wicking, but I expect more for $110. For example, it could have provided more lift to the body for flattering look and the wider waistband for better support and coverage. For $110, one unforgivable problem is that it attracts lint (lots of lint)!!! Seeing lint all over the pant just drives me crazy.
Where to Buy
The Cinched Bow Capri is available on Kate Spade New York website, REVOLVE, and Zappos,
You can find more Beyond Yoga x Kate Spade New York activewear on Amazon, Beyond Yoga, Kate Spade New York, REVOLVE, Shopbop, Yoga Outlet, Zappos,
Similar Review -
I really like the design of Kate Spade Polka Dot Scallop Legging. It enhances the boyd curvatures well. Unfortunately, it isn't designed for petite people. The scallop hem sits too low (below the calf) giving a loose fit and an awkward look.
< Read More >