About Niyama Sol -
Niyama Sol is a yogawear design company based in Las Vegas, NV. The company's goal is to design something that can be worn every day for almost all occasions. Niyama Sol believes in recycling and giving back to environment. All its clothes are made from recycled plastic bottles. If you are interested in knowing more about the company, check out the interview of co-founder Allison Hart on VEGAS SEVEN, Niyama Sol Makes Fashion For On and Off the Mat.
Niyama Sol Gypsy Sol Beachcomber Crop UNFOLD -
Niyama Sol is my most recent discovered GEM. I found it about a month ago (Dec '16) while I was searching for L'urv yoga pants (L'urv is another new find). One online store, simply WORKOUT, happens to carry Niyama Sol legging as I was looking for L'urv. I was so drawn by its print that I couldn't resist ordering it.
Niyama Sol wowed me after trying on Gypsy Sol Beachcomber Crop, my new order. I was skeptical about RPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephtalate) due to negative experience in the past. I worried if the fabric is going to be too thin? Would it feel plasticky? Nayima Sol proves me wrong. The material is super soft, beyond any word can describe, and it fits me like a glove. I could not wait to wear it for the class next day. As expected, it performs like a yoga pant supposed to, sweat wicking, no sliding or falling from the waist band, perfect amount of compression, 4-way stretch, easy to move around and so much more. I can probably go on and on forever.
1. Size – I wear size Small. The online sizing guide is not very clear, but I am glad that I order a size up.
2. Style – Beachbomber 7/8 crop, perfect length that goes right above my ankles. Niyama Sol makes 5 different styles pants: Endless leggings (can be worn over the heel), Barefoot Ankle leggings, Beachbomber 7/8 crops (the style I like the most), Classic Capris and shorts.
3. Inseam – 22".
4. Rise – 10" high rise, up to my navel.
5. Waistband – 5" wide waistband which adds extra comfort to the middle section and hides "muffin top."
6. Fabric – Recycled plastic (84% RPET, 16% Spandex). If you want to know more about RPET, ecostar has detail information. The fabric features anti bacterial, quick dry and moisture wicking.
7. Design for - Heated and non-heated yoga, and daily wear. I definitely wear it everywhere. I would also wear it to office if it's a more conservative pattern, like Mocha Diamondback Barefoot legging and Charcoal Linen Barefoot legging. Guess what I am going to order next!!! By the way, it can also be worn in the sea, which is quite surprising. I am going to Maui in March, I will have to test it out.
8. Cost – The retail price is $82, but I got it on sale for $56.
9. Stitch Seam – Flat locking seams for extra comfort (if you don't know what it is, please refer to Closet 101 for explanation).
10. Crotch Seam – Diamond shaped gusset.
Pink is not the color I would normally pick, but I really like Gypsy Sol Beachcomber Crop. The color and the pattern are just perfect.
Overall, I want to give Niyama Sol a 10 perfect score. It's THE yoga pant that I've always been wanting. Believe or not, it is made in China. I couldn't tell until I looked it up. The quality is outstanding. Moreover, the pant features tummy tucking and booty lifting. It is breathable and moisture wicking. I really can't find anything to complain about. If I really have to list one, I wish they would release new patterns more frequently.
Where to Buy -
More Reviews for Niyama Sol -