Author's Rating - 9.5 / 10
Top: Lululemon Bra, Size 4 (true to size)
Bottom: Olympia Mateo 3/4 Length Legging, Spring Stripe, Size P (true to size)
About Olympia Activewear -
Olympia was launched in 2014 by Kaili Lickle, who is the founder as well as the designer of the brand. Kaili grew up in Maui and spent most of her time outdoors. When she moved to San Francisco to pursue her degree in Design and Visual Merchandising, she found herself spent most of time indoors for studio type exercises. At that time, she realized that she was missing functional pieces in her athletic wardrobe. Then, she decided to combine her knowledge of design with her passion to live an active lifestyle in creating Olympia. The design of Olympia is modern and refined with focus on clean lined silhouettes and a neutral palette.
YOGINI'S CLOSET UNFOLD -
1. Size – I wear size P, which is equivalent to XS. I would say it is true to size. According to the size guide, I am between sizes P and Small. I ordered both sizes just in case and small was too big, especially the waist. For your reference, I am size 4 in Lululemon.
2. Style – 3/4 length legging. The pattern spring stripe comes with three different styles, crop, 3/4 length and full length. The crop is pretty short and sits right below my knee cap. I personally like the length of the 3/4 length legging.
3. Inseam – 19" long, which sits around my mid calf (I am 5'2"). It is the same length as Lululemon Twist & Train Crop.
4. Front Rise – 10.5" high rise. It gives great support and coverage.
5. Waistband – Unlike typical waistbands we've seen on yoga pants, the Mateo 3/4 Length Legging has a V-shaped design. It is super comfortable and keeps everything tucked in. The narrowest part of the waistband is measured 3" on each side, while the widest part is 5.5" on the front and the back.
6. Fabric – 85% micro-poly and 15% Spandex. The materials and fabric care instruction are printed inside of the waistband as well as the manufacturing country, Indonesia.
8. Cost – Retail price $100. I bought it on sale for $60 from Saks Fifth Avenue. This legging is quite popular, most stores have sold out in small sizes.
9. Stitch Seam – The waistband is flat locking seam, while the inseams are not. With that said, the legging is still comfortable to wear, except the inseams leave marks on my inner legs.
10. Crotch Seam – Lined gusset.
Overall, I am happy with the performance and fit of Olympia Mateo 3/4 Length Legging. I especially like the design of the waistband. It is so comfortable to wear and provides exceptional coverage. The fabric is breathable and keeps me cool throughout yoga practice (heated room at 85 degree Fahrenheit) and HIIT. It is 100% opaque and passes the "bend over" test. Moreover, the legging gives incredible booty lift and makes the legs look skinnier than ever. I would definitely purchase leggings from Olympia again. I am glad that they don't design any colorful patterned legging or I will be broken by now.
Where to Buy -
Other retailers that carry Olympia clothing include Carbon38, Dash, Influence Style, and Vickerey.
90 Degree By Reflex
- Asana Tips -
CHILL BY WILL
Constantly Varied Gear
Electric & Rose
EMILY HSU DESIGNS
Hard Tail Forever
Track & Bliss